Some friends here in town buy and sell high end cars all year round. Its how they make their living. They deal in all brands, but are technically Mopar guys.

I didn't believe them at first, but they've proved to me time and time again, High Impact colors are the way to go as long as they are dated/mated to the year. Even on a #'s car.

If you THINK your car will be sold to a true, hardcore #'s investor, then maybe you should go with the original color. If you want a bigger playing field of potential buyers, i'd change the color. And you have to realize that a Mopar buyer will scrutinize the most, a general car guy that likes cars could probably care less. Especially if he can't tell if is 70 SS LS6 was originally a 307-malibu.

Around this area, if you sell a car like that, it falls into the hands of Dealers and they mark up the price and flip it.

I have a 69-SE 383 Charger, triple F8. Its going to be scorch red, black top, white interior. Its also all #'s matching.

If your looking for buyers, this guy is a real charger lover. He does like #'s stuff. Worth giving him a call. His name is John Meyers. He's had some real nice F8 cars.

http://happycarz.com/pics_and_descp.php?id=537

The reason I say have a fender tag reproduced (but not misrepresent the car) is because at shows, a Mopar guy will look at the fender tag for original color options to see if its real. I have had it done to me and done it myself.

My non-mopar friends say that us mopar guys are too anal and #'s struck. I'm starting to believe them.

In the end, its still your car, money, and investment. But it never hurts to get other prespectives.

On a last note, a good friend built a 66-malibu into an SS clone. He painted in Marina Blue, white interior, 454-automatic. It was a beautiful car. A husband a wife looked at it and the wife fell in love with the color combination. He got $35K for a clone. You never know what kind of buyer you have. In this case, the wife bought the car.

Last edited by cdp; 08/17/08 03:24 PM.