Quote:

Quote:

I'll third that and add that I've read tests where in side by side comaprisons, profesional drivers can outdrive the ABS computer.

I don't doubt that. However the average person out there has very little experience practicing threshold braking especially on different types of surfaces. Expecting them to put that into practice in an emergency situation is beyond what you can expect out of the average driver.

I agree that is true. But we are specifically talking here about people who know enough and care enough to want to spend money upgrading brake systems on old muscle cars. That means the demographic is someone who understands what a braking system is, how it works, what is good and bad, and presumably wants to drive it and use the improved braking capability. So all that said, I'd expect everyone who fits that category should be interested in setting up and testing their new system, and practicing max braking (otherwise why bother upgrading?).
Short version - driving enthusiasts should not be average drivers......(in theory )