Quote:

We're arguing in circles now. The fact you mention: that the GTX's 60' is the same as my diesel pickup is the point I was making.

I have yet to hear anyone say that a new pickup is unsafe on the road and the GTX has basically the same stopping distance......that is all.

....you could now try to convince me it isn't safe to drive my truck anymore, I suppose.

I wasn't arguing. I was drawing a comparison. Go read it again without your angst colored glasses and you'll see that nothing bad was said about your poor widdle truck.
I happen to know that my "big honkin diesel" takes a lot longer to stop than my LHS or the hot rod. Unfortunately, it was unable to stop in time on four separate occasions with me behind the wheel. None of them were my fault and I hope people quit being stupid in front of my truck. Honestly, I know for certain that no car on the road would have stopped quickly enough to avoid one of them. 4 wheel ABS would have been required for the most damaging collision (92 D250 has rear ABS only). The other two minor issues could have easily been avoided if the truck had stopped a few feet sooner.
There have been several instances where I was glad I was not in my truck because I would have run over another idiot.

One of those collisions listed above left me with a bruised kidney from the impact. That's where the softer collision areas in the newer cars and trucks come into play. A 92 D250 does not have a crumple zone or energy absorbing features built into the frame. The hard frame rails on the truck hit right on the impact bars in the doors of the Camry. There was no structure to absorb the collision energy. Hard on hard hurts. However, that's another discussion.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon