Quote:

Locking the tires is rarely desired. Most of the time it'll lead to VERY long stopping distances. Those are closely followed by insurance claims, personal injury attorneys, and a couple months of waiting for your car to get out of the body shop.

When I see the guy in the 4 wheel disc equipped Ram with the 12,000 lb camper jack knife in the middle of the road and dump the rig on it's side, I want to know that my 4 wheel disc brakes will stop me before I slam into the roof of his overturned truck and squash him like a grape.

No, I don't need 14 inch rotors on the front of my 65 Belvedere. However, it is the best performing brake package I've had on the car AND it was the most affordable at the time. There is a noticeable difference between these and the standard old Mopar disc brakes. These are MUCH nicer, even in daily use.

Let's not bring up the 4 wheel drums and single pot master cylinder this car left the factory with. They were horrible.

Don't worry Feet's; firstly, I'm not going to be jacknifed in the middle of the road, and secondly, your little car isn't going to squash me like a grape!

for the record, I have nothing against you building your car as you like with 16" brakes if that's what you choose. The point I'm making is that you don't need that to be safe driving amongst traffic.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]