Quote:

That looks amazing, you got any more pictures of it?

It would have been nice to have a larger engine compartment like your car has.

Here's the right header under construction:

That one was easy. The exhaust went just above the motor mount and straight back.
The driver's side, as I'm sure you're well aware, was a bit more complicated.

Everybody here can point out my biggest mistake. The manifolds were larger in diameter than the turbine inlets. That let the exhaust slow down before reaching the turbo.
Others will point out the poor angle on the waste gates. That was necessary. I had to keep them under the hood and not block any more access to parts of the engine.
The driver's side down pipe disconnected below the steering shaft but above the torsion bars. There was a disconnect in the passenger side pipe just before the bell housing. Typical three bolt header flange style joints were used. They leaked incessantly, possibly due to poor installation.

I never had a problem with the alternator. It showed no signs of heat stress despite being bracketed by exhaust for thousands of miles, including the Dallas to Green Bay and back Power Tour.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon