Quote:

Id like to hear from someone who has actually tried using green (non-adjustable) rear bearings for autoX or road racing. I have read tons on the internet and still have not found any definitive on this issue. The urban legend says "no" but all I find is therorethical informaiton, no actual "been there done that" type info. I have seen quite alot of poeple who say they use them w/o issue but no one says in a road race or autox environment. If someone has real data I would like to hear it.

I'd say that the Green bearings bad reputation has everything to do with the questionable quality of the bearing and nothing to do with the fact that it is a sealed ball bearing. Sealed ball bearings have been used in millions of Fords throughout the years. Most of the later big 3.15" axle bearings in 9" rear were sealed ball bearings (used in F150, Bronco, big Lincolns, wagons) and all the small axle bearings used in Mustangs including Shelbys, Cougars, Falcons Fairlanes etc with 8" and 9" rears were sealed ball bearings. None of these bearings were known for failure and I'm sure the Shelbys were flogged pretty hard on the roadcourse and autocross back in the day. 7.25 mopar also has a sealed ball bearings and they last forever.