Quote:

The great pissin/moaning debate of Green vs Taper, on "paper" the taper is by all accounts a superior design, but so is bulletproof glass, do I need that on my car also?....I've been installing the Green bearings for well over a decade on my cars, as well as customers cars, not one failure, showcars to roadracers, drag racers to street bashers, hard miles, track time, long distance, constant abuse street or track,....I've encountered quite a few failures with tapered bearings, including 2 axle losses,(shaft leaving the housing) often due to excessive HP and roadraceing, hence the prefered change to Green bearings, I was skeptical at first also using "Green" bearings in something other than a Drag only car, but seeing that I've had zero failures with Green bearings in a multitude of my personal and/or customers cars, vs multiple failures with tapered bearings, I'm more inclined to endorse the use of Green bearings for street and/or track,(drag or roadcourse) of course proper installation and premimum parts are a mandatory criteria for maximum performance and reliability.......See Dr Diff on the Moparts board for your required application

Mike

Outstanding information. thanks.

01 Viper GTS ACR
10 Challenger RT PCP 6spd
70 Challenger 440 6 pac
73 Cuda 416 Road Racer
70 Hemi Roadrunner
01 Ram 4x4 / 98 Ram 3500
91 Stealth RT
05 Durango Hemi
09 Caliber / 99 Dakota 4x4 / 52 Dodge B3B