Quote:

According to fordfuelinjection.com, the Ford VSS is 8 pulse/rev, and an assumed 8000 pulse/mile.

That sensor you linked to would be great in that it should plug right in to our speedo cables (but the thread pitch needs verified).

My jury is still out on whether the difference would be an issue. Using the Summit sensor would tell teh EEC that you're doing 10 mph when you're only doing 5, eventually you'll be stopped but EEC thinks you're still moving. I don't know how sensitive/critical it would be at walking speed (like creeping in a line of cars toward a 4-way stop). If it were reversed (sending a lower speed than actual) I'd be more confident it would be OK.

Or just change the scalar in the ECU to 10mph instead of 5mph for when to stop fuel shutoff (highlighted cell)
http://screencast.com/t/YzZlYzVkYzEt

There is also VSCFRQ - Vehicle Speed sensor frequency, set to 50Hz. Change that to 100Hz, wonder if it would correct it for the rest of the ECU.

Either way, when you're stopped, it will still show that you're stopped. Then when you hit 1mph, it reads 2mph, 5->10, 100->200mph , etc

It'd be nice using that sensor since we could keep our stock speedometers (I don't want to replace mine!), and get the signal we need. If nothing else, I can make a box that plugs in after the sensor to cut the number of pulses in half. I didn't look any farther at summit to see if they had one with a different number of pulses.

That accell distributor would probably work, but they sure are proud of them ($$)

AndrewH: It would definitely be interesting to see what they came up with for the distributor. If you have the time, I'd like to see some pics!

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.