Every time I look at this with fresh eyes I get a new idea. I now think the Ford stuff could be put into a Mopar dizzy but it would take a few details to be ironed. This would be the best solution as we then know the Hall sensor is compatible with the EEC-IV, and it makes the distributor into a mechanical/fabrication conversion instead of an electrical one – everybody hates electrical, right? .

The Ford sensor assembly (the black plastic part in the pics above) can be ground down a little to fit closer to teh edge of the Mopar dizzy housing. This allows either diameter of trigger wheel to be able to pass thru it.

The hole in the Ford wheel is the same size as the upper end of a points-dizzy shaft (underneath the lobed cam). The flange that the Ford wheel screws to is the same ID as an electronic or Mag dizzy,

Either wheel would require a collar of some sort to hold it perpendicular to teh shaft (for it is just a thin plate). I have a few ideas, I’ll report back if I have some success. It's might boil down to a person getting 2-3 JY dizzys and a few hardware store items and then putting them in a blender.

Quote:

That is interesting. Why does it need the one off tooth?

The one-off tooth tells the ECU where #1 cylinder is.

If we get the dizzy figured out, there are still some hurdles to jump - like the PWM IAC.

Last edited by Fury Fan; 04/17/10 10:26 AM.