Hoozie -
Depending on how you plan to do the wiring you can bench test some of it, I think.

My plan was to put a terminal block junction on the stub out of the EEC, install some relays for ign, fuel pump, etc, similar to what the EEC used. Then make a new engine harness to attach to teh terminal block.

By tickling the EEC with ign the FP should give the 2-sec prime pulse. If the dizzy is spun via an electric drill or drill press (which would give various steady speeds) the EEC should figure out the 'engine' is starting/running and start to fire injectors. If using a drill press you'd need some way to keep teh dizzy housing from rotating.

All of the above would require having a bunch of indicator lights wired in, or you'd need to go round-robin with a test lite (if it works). If the injectors don't start lighting up, then it's kinda normal EEC diagnosis.

You might need an LED to watch the injectors flash, I've never tried a standard test light to see how it works.

My harness/terminal setup is probably 3/4 complete but bigger fish keep getting in front of it. I've contemplated buying the EZ-EFI multiport retrofit kit, but I know I won't have time to install that either.