Quote:

Quote:

Also, somebody said you can adjust the IC with Cal Tracks, no you can't. The IC is where the spring bolts into the car. The spring is attached solidly to the housing and the housing is bolted in the car, THAT point is the IC, period.

There are differences between a conventional slapper bars and Caltracs. The transfer links in a Caltracs setup emulate the bottom links in a 4-link system. The springs act like the top links. By selecting which hole the transfer links connect to (top hole or bottom hole) the IC is moved forward (bottom hole) or back (top hole).

Selecting the top hole gives you a harder hit (more separation between the chassis and rear end). Selecting the bottom hole gives you more wheelie.

Incorrect. The spring and the Caltrack pivot from the same point, the front spring mount, so that is the IC and it can't be changed. When you move the bottom bar on a Caltrack, all you change is the leverage, that is applied to the main leaf of the spring. You are NOT changing the instant center and the links are NOT emulating a 4 link setup. If you think this, you don't understand suspension at all. Not trying to be harsh, a "know it all" or anything else, but that information you were supplying is wrong. Do Caltracks work well, yes they do. They are a pretty good crutch for a suspension that was not desdigned well for racing. Somewhat affordable and easy to install. The original poster wanted pro/cons of each system and I did not see the link system getting a fair shake and the Caltracks were somewhat overglorified in my opinion. I have used both types, but I would only use leaf springs and or caltracks, if I HAD to. While having many pros, the only con I see to the link system, is price and the fact that it is likely not legal in a class that requires a "stock type" suspension, but since the original poster did not mention that, I did not see it as an issue.

Monte