By the time you buy the mono leafs, cal tracs, good adjustable race shocks, reinforce the torque boxes, new rear shackles (because the old ones broke when you took then off), spring relocation kit (if you want a bigger tire on an A body), bigger U bolts (if you need to use the shims to set your pinion angle), weld straps to hold the perches in place, sub frame connectors (if you didn't already have them) you are almost at $2000. Then you have a system that adjusts the instant center twice. Again I am no expert on cal tracs and I don't claim to know the limitations or advantages, I am only commenting on what was said in this thread. I know that many of the people on Moparts are using them very successfully and they know much more about them than I do for certain!!

My B body is very solid, but my A body is a Michigan car. The subframe for this system actually makes the car stronger.

The kit is supposed to be legal in stock classes if bolted in, the kit is able to be bolted in as is but it should have crush sleeves in the frame so when you tighten it down it doesnt crush the frame rails.

I know a lot of people are racing leaf springs and going very fast. I am no professional racer but for 10 years with super stock springs it would jump up then unload and spin the tires. I had to learn to feather the gas off teh line. Now I stab it and it goes.

My car is the prototype so it has cost about $10,000 to set up. I believe the kit is about $4000 in it's latest version for a complete system. You could always ask for it without shocks and springs, maybe without the sway bar and save some money but then the set up and base line would be up to you. Jack already has base lines figured out.

I was also able to put bigger tires on it without touching any sheet metal. 295/65/15, 30" tall and 11 3/4" wide.

Last edited by RoadRnnr69; 10/13/09 08:12 PM.