Dwayne....First of all, I'm glad to see you posting here more often.

Concerning the SB Edelbrock heads, these are the second set I've ever done. The first set was done in 1999. I'm in agreement with Brian here on the information I give out, even though it's hard for the average racer to duplicate. Hell, sometimes it's hard for me to duplicate!

This head came from a running bracket car that ran a best of 11.79 @ 114 (3340 lbs.) #1 Intake flowed 238.3 CFM @ .550" and went turbulent at .600"+

Here's what I did......Layed out the entry 1.100 x 2.250, opened pushrod pinch to .970" smoothly blending into curved wall. Next, I cut the head-bolt bulge even with the straight wall. I also blended away the "knob" at the base of 1/2" guide. These changes upped the flow numbers to 257.2 @ .500" and went turbulant above that.

Next was the S/T. Looking at the bowl into the short turn, you'll notice the s/t engages approximately 3/8 the circumference of the bowl. I pushed the corners back to the top of the s/t, making it appear more like a water fall than the "Horse Shoe Falls". I hope that makes sense. In the middle of the s/t is pretty much the way it came, with only the corners pushed back to match it. If you feel where the s/t and floor meet, you can feel a slight peak (factory). I very lightly sand roll that area only to smooth the transition. With these changes, it now flows 263 @ .500", 270.2 @ .550" and 273.6 @ .600"

I have since worked on the chambers some but, haven't checked them on the flow bench. I am also still undecided on the valve job, having measured and calculated and have come to the conclusion, I still don't like that flat chamber. These heads belong to a friend of mine so, I haven't cut on them like they were mine. I'd hate to ruin them since he's trusting me to make the car faster.

I'm not sure any of this is going to help an ace porter like you but, that's about all I can do.

What is your most common aproach to this head and what kind of flow are you getting from the SB Edelbrocks?