Quote:

Did you measure port volumes? if so please post.
I have ported my e-brocks myself and came up with 178 cc in & 79 cc ex.
I installed sleeves in the pushrod holes so the entrance is as big it could get without offset rockers.
I completly removed the headbolt bulge(?)wich also required sleeves.
I took out a lot of the bowlarea and polished the ports.

Not really knowing what im doing have i actally increased port flow?
Is it possible to improve flownrs without touching the short turn?
I will try to post some pics in a few days.

Joel

With the edelbrocks, the short turn is not only THE most critical part (usually true with most heads) but if you did almost nothing to it I can assure you it is stalling at .500 lift or before.
There's no need to sleeve the pushrod holes, but you have to be crafty about slowing the air down right there.
I can get it to 305fps but I have to flow each and every intake port to do it. Measuring is not accurate enough. That's when I charge!!
But it works awesome and these heads will make power for alot less money than other heads.
There is a TON of work on these heads, about 20 hours of porting, seat work and chamber work.

I don't really pour heads anymore, it seems to me that it's really useless because the castings will only allow so much but I would say they are not small! I have to sonic test the ports in some spots when I start cutting to make sure the port will allow my shape.
I'll say this...I spot check the intake ports at 36" from .500 to .700 to see how it works and at .600 it's fairly stable but after that it gets a little turbulent!!