Quote:

brain i wasnt poking at ya or anything... there are alot of things going on in an engine and its hard to test 100% accurately to see the effects of inertia, what air speeds are present and so on,, plus air speeds at the accleration rates of a fast drag car. its good to flow things up that high to see if the air is still stable,, but then with humidty, fuel in the air, it gains a cohesion to the walls and becomes more stable yet. reading some of your posts through the last few years i think youre a sharp guy and i like to talk about whats going on,, and theory of internal combustion engines and so on,, and noone usually welcomes that stuff here.

jeff

That's what the happy face was for at the end of my post!! I know you weren't poking....or at least I'm glad you weren't

I have no problem with these kind of discussions, but you'll find that I don't have all the answers that's for sure!! I learn every day, and it's crazy to think I still have learning to do.
I appreciate it when guys like yourself want to talk about things I consider important. I've learned from really smart guys and I've learned from people that I would not have expected to learn anything from

Jeff you may find somethings you want to talk about may be over my head I'm still learning

So let me ask you a question...this was talked about over on speedtalk some, and I've heard mention of this before, but with no confirmation. Have you found that with an engine that's accelerating like a drag engine, that the depression is actually higher at low lifts than at higher lifts in the upper rpm ranges?
I've just started trying high depressions (36") at .100-.300 to see what happens. You ever try this or am I behind the times here????
I know pressure differentials change as the engine accelerates and I understand they are not linear from valve opening to valve closing but it's been said that because of the wave action inside the runner that there could be as much as 3 psi present as the intake valve opens at high rpm where the intake and exhaust lengths are in tune. What's your take on this??
Thanks Jeff, I for one look forward to you posting on this board!

Brian