i'll bump this one back from the dead zone, since i'm actually hoping for a little more info to trickle out from Brian and S/ST.

ive ported a few sets of these heads, and frankly.....have never really been satisfied with what i got from them on the bench.
although, two of the sets i ported went on motors i got to dyno, and both made decent power. one of those 2 motors is in a bracket car that sees regular use, and i feel is a pretty strong runner for as basic of a combo as it is......yet, ive always felt there should be more to get out of these heads than what ive gotten from them.

what ive found is that they arent too bad OOTB, and respond nicely to a very minimal clean-up and valve job.
but beyond that, the gains come very hard, for me at least.

i'd like to hear an overview from Brian and S/ST, as to the approach they take in reshaping the short turns, roof, and chambers, to see how that might differ from what ive tried.
where are you grinding....and why?

ive tried several different approaches to the roof and short turns.......with about the same results either way.

how far are you sinking the valves to get a better blend from the V/J into the chamber?

when i look into the intake runners on these things....and look at the roof shape and angle......it just doesnt seem to make any sense to me.
what am i missing???

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads