Quote:

I would like some one to show me exactly how to choose the best set of leaf springs for my car's type of use and whom to buy them from.

That's always a tough one.

I'd get scale weights on your rear tires to help determine the right arch your desired ride height.

Is there something lacking in the balance of your car now to feel like you need new/different leaf springs?

Might be a good idea to rate your current leaves to know where you are at now. Car doesn't seem that bad. Then you have a better idea of what numbers you want to hit for improvement.

There's a lot of trial and error it seems with leaf springs.

Leaf springs are the linkage and the spring at the same time. The linkage itself bending, twisting laterally, and twisting longitudinally. It's movement is not easy to predict with geometry.

A 3,4-link etc type suspension is all linkage with just a spring attached to it to control the motion. The movement of the solid linkage is easy to predict with geometry.

We've run leaf spring circle track pavement cars for 7 seasons now and have acheived great success and lots of wins. At one time we had over 10 leaf springs in the crash cart to test and tune with!! The chassis builder also has a leaf spring rater (Longacre IRRC). We've run all kinds of leaf combinations too.

Actually this year they allowed 3 link rear ends in our class and we built one. One thing with a leaf spring car, the drivers say they are more forgiving to drive than the 3 link (or four link for that matter too). Our 3 link car got one more win than the second most winning leaf spring car (7 vs 6). But we did get our third championship in the last 4 years.