Quote:

Yes I really like the period look with the fat tires and Minilites.
Any ideas on back spacing for the Challenger with 275/60,15s? 15x8 with 4"B/S sound good?
I had a set of 17" torque thrust with regrets. On the highways with all the truck ruts
I was being pushed from one side of the lane to the other. I also noticed that when in a hard corner I could hear the 15s getting loose, but with the 17s I would all of a sudden loose it completely. Maybe just me and maybe just those tires.
I figure if they could run 15s back in the day and have a blast I am sure i can.
I was looking at M/T street tires in 26x10 and 28x12,15.
Unless that Toyo story on the Cobra site comes true.
I thought Tim was getting out of the sales.
When I was at the spring fling at Willow Springs I couldn't get a clear answer from him about his wheels and or his oil pan that I wanted.
Oh Well.
It's not over yet.
Thanks.

I know that was the first year of Speed Festival and he was just trying to make everything run right.

You want to run 4.5 backspacing up front for the most tire clearance. I 15x8 with 4.5 backspace with the 73-76 A-body/73-74 E-body spindles. With tubular upper you should be able to go to 4.75" max even.

I think you'd need something like a 275/50/15. The 60 series is really fat in that width and you loose sidewall support. A 275/50/15 on a 15x8 with 4.5 bksp is still going to be tight on a Challenger. Might just get away with lipping the front lower fender edge.

I'm not sure on the rear tire/rim spacing on a Challenger. But I think you can go to 5" bksp. I think 4.5 bksp would be fine with 275/50/15

The race cars had flared fenders. I looked at a picture of a rear view of the Posey Challenger today. It is big time flared in the back. There seems to be a lot of room left in those picture. They may have wanted some room left if there was some on track contact. That would make a lot of sense to me.

It makes sense the taller tires were more forgiving.