Originally Posted by Andrewh
the bypass shows the vr is working correctly and is grounded correctly.
the issue is wiring somewhere else. you will have to track the wire voltage from the ballast back to the bulkhead through the bulkhead, into the ignition switch, back out of the bulkhead etc till you find battery voltage and then go back and start cleaning it up till you see battery voltage.

or wire in a relay lol.

Ah ok, I'm beginning to understand it a little better! I'm not quite getting the relay your mentioning though.... I'll have to ask you more about that!... I'll most likely take the time to find the issue and fix that but I'm just glad you've helped me figure out a solution so that I can drive it!!!! I live far from anything, nothing within walking distance and I have to work! If I didn't say it before I'm very thankful and grateful for the help!!! 🥲👍
I'll trace the wires from the ballast back to wherever they go and I'm sure I'll find the culprit!!
I've had the dash components and cluster apart before! I've replaced the ignition switch years ago and like I mentioned before there's something funky with the lights and blower that didn't exist before! I'm aware that the lights will dim and get brighter as I accelerate and let off but this is different and sometimes the cluster lights don't work properly and that's a recent issue!

Well, I guess I'll just ask about the relay now... What relay exactly? Where would I install it? I have an idea of what a relay is, it's a magnetic switch of sorts that is actuated by electrical current that opens and closes a circuit correct?? Not sure where I'd put it or how it would work i my circumstance... Is that really an option or were you just kidding around?