All those wires with yellow connectors that are burnt aren't connected to anything... The wire I'm pointing at eliminates all the mess you see behind it! I know, that has yellow connectors too but they're new and it's temporary....
The two posts that show battery voltage are connected directly to the battery as the diagram shows. The wires that go to those two posts are disconnected. How is the vr getting that voltage when the left and right side of the ballast resistor are isolated? The power from the bottom right connector goes up to the top right connector and same with the left side.... I'm not even sure how the vr is tied in! I'll have to check the diagram to see how that all works! Please be patient, electrical is very confusing for me!!

As for the multimeter those are expenses I can't afford! I can't just walk or bike to the store either! I live rural and the nearest store is Ace and that's about 26miles away so I have to drive the van! My other vehicle has a bad clutch and that's why I started driving the van!

Am I doing the bypass wrong??? When I run wires directly from the battery to the ballast I unplug the bottom wires from the ballast and leave them disconnected while having the hot wires from the battery to those two posts! The voltage the top two posts show are in direct relation with the voltage being fed at the bottom posts....
Am I supposed to have the two wires connected to the ballast while also feeding direct power to them?

I'll go out there again once I've had my coffee and check the meters... They can't all be bad!!! That little red one that's the one that supposedly works good is new! This is the first time I've used it! I'll compare it to the CEN-TECH and see the difference and try and do those tests again....

What's the worst that can happen by driving the van with high voltage??