That's not going to work!
I just hooked up the bypass wires like before and I'm getting different numbers!!!
Idk [censored] I did wrong! I performed the tests exactly the same way each time!
The numbers in this pic are the most recent...

All I did differently since the earlier tests is bypass a battery isolator I have on the firewall! The cable from the alternator went to the battery isolator and from there to a battery cable(pictured)... You can see the battery isolator in the background and the nasty cables that were running to and from it so I completely took that out of the equation so maybe that was the culprit and it is the vr??? You can see I'm pointing at the cable I installed bypassing the isolator... The isolator actually came with the van and had caused issues before so I replaced it with the exact same unit and it fixed the issue so I thought that maybe that's what's throwing everything off!
You can see that the alternator cable I'm pointing at goes into a strange little cluster of what use to be three fusible links one of which burnt up and I replaced with a white inline glass fuse holder. The fuse holder has a little bubble on the side from overheating but the fuse didn't pop! It's a 10amp fuse and I think goes to the ignition or something not sure....

I've also been having issues with the headlight switch and instrument cluster not working properly... I briefly mentioned in the beginning of the post that when I turn the lights on it drastically lowers the voltage and in combination with the blower fan it lowers the voltage down to between 10 to 11.5 amps!!!! At least that's what it read at the cigarette lighter with that little usb charger/meter! 7Not sure if it's related to the overcharging issue or separate but I thought I'd mention it...

IMG_20240317_185831665.jpgIMG_20240317_192023997.jpg
Last edited by B300 VanDanage; 03/17/24 11:07 PM.