Yes Andy we tried numerous things and parts and within the EMC rules it was tough to break the 700HP barrier with the Victor heads-of course if I were to do it all over again I'm sure I could surpass 700HP quicker and easier. To answer your question though yes I tried an Edelbrock Victor 383 first and that is still on the engine right now. It makes 656 hp @ 6600 rpm and 612 tq @ 4200 rpm with that manifold. Yes I know that the Weiand tunnels are inferior but in my naivety chose to build a low deck and the only tunnel I could find for a b block was the Weiand. What really burns me up is I asked if I could adapt a tunnel for a 440 (knowing there are many superior choices) and the rules committee deemed that illegal as you could NOT use a manifold for a different engine family. Then along comes Mr.Kaase with a tunnel for a 351 (with 1.250" spacer) on a 400m block and nobody raises an eyebrow. He wasn't the only one with this scenario going on either. I should've just done my own thing without asking, it's not like I would've won anyways. But yes you are right the Weiand tunnels are very limited cross section wise especially when mated to a head such as the Victor. The Victors should just come in oneport option only and that is Max Wedge-there is too much CS change from port flange to SS in standard port form. J.Rob

6345964-tunnel.jpg (237 downloads)
Last edited by RAMM; 12/08/10 06:47 PM.

2009 PHR\EMC Competitor
2010 PHR\EMC Competitor
2011 PHR\EMC Competitor
2012 PHR\EMC Competitor
2013 PHR\EMC Competitor
2014 HotRod/EMC Competitor
2015 HotRod/EMC NoShow
2016 HotRod/EMC 3rd place SPEC Bigblock
2018 HotRod/EMC 7th place G3