Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
Fender tag isn’t a vin tag, not even same discussion.

You’ll need a license from Chrysler to repop their trademark on a part. Good luck with that on this.

Here’s what is the deal. Guy A will make them without a trademark. Guy B will add the logo and both will claim they didn’t know this was wrong or what the other guy was intending to do with it when the vin is illegally swapped onto a donor chassis. Guy B will say it was sold to me, so it must’ve been legal, don’t look at me.

That violates federal law that has been posted on this forum before, to which said counterfeiters didn’t like so they continue to bend this around to make themselves feel better about contributing to more faked cars. Just like cheating on your taxes, it’s not illegal until you get caught. Any sort of authority figure can be snowed by saying something along the lines of “I’m just restoring my car,” when that’s not really the game here. Leaving out the part about “restoring by changing the car that is under the vin tag” doesn’t mean you just got told what you wanted to hear.

Sooner or later these kinds of posts always degenerate to this. That OBVIOUSLY everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, who ever wanted a replacement VIN tag is doing it for some nefarious reason. This discussion will never be resolved. Everyone reads the actual law to suit their motives and that's where it usually ends.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".