Just my thoughts here and no comments other wise but if it’s made out of aluminum with no paint, it would be easy to spot. If it’s easy to spot by any law officer as a manipulated vin tag, the entire car could be confiscated. Just saying. [/quote]

Wouldn't a transfer like this fix that visual concern?

ECS TRANSFER

[/quote]

That is an option someone can take to make it more original. To be honest I don't think there is going to be much fuss over these tags. After my initial investigation into reproduction tags, I found out something very interesting. You literately can get the tooling to make tags that is cheaper than buying two sets of tags! No joke, I found no less than six in the united states and fourteen internationally that could make the tooling for the lettering for just a few hundred dollars that could be done in a home press. From the stainless tags to the paint stamp, a person could make sets if they wanted to do it. The two main reasons people didn't do this was lack of knowledge and laziness. Hopefully we can get out of this stigma of reproduction tags and go back to being a fun hobby again.