Originally Posted by A12
Can you get a reproduction dash VIN tag made LEGALLY for any other manufacture ??? If not then one would have to question this? Another question Why if this is a potential legal business venture does this person need you to send them samples of VIN tags to "refine" the tooling?? And as noted Where is this legal? I'm sure it's legal in some Pacific Rim countries and other places NOT IN THE USA. Hey can you have them make up some counterfeit US money plates while they're at it for me I'm sure that's legal wherever that is too. wink

Not sure what the legal aspect of it is as it's NOT my company. I am addressing the originality in appearance of the stamping to meet with restoration needs, that is all. I will probably offer them advice on certain things as in making the tags out of aluminum instead of stainless steel, not applying any corporation identification to the tags and suggest they may not even paint them. This way they are not liable for licensing fees with Chrysler. All this is for is an original looking tag. Anything else is of no concern to me as it is not my product, not my company and I am not being compensated for anything.