Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA
Originally Posted by migsBIG
Still waiting on some doner vin tags to send in for comparison for tooling. The guy doing it wants to make them correct and I don't believe you need paperwork or broadcast sheet copy to make a vin tag, so it would be an easy restoration process for those without anything. Win/Win for everyone.

Donor VIN tags?

Mere possession of a loose VIN tag is a Felony inside the USA.

California (that is where you are?) also has state laws against it.

If you send 'donor' VIN tags across state lines & across a border into another country, the felonies just add up to help prosecute you.

You want to 'help' a counterfeiter? At that point you become an accomplice to his crimes.

I do not know you personally, so I'll ask - are you so ignorant of the VIN laws that apply in this scenario that you are actually stupid? shruggy

You seem to be trying very hard to establish a criminal record, so I had to ask. twocents

You must get your info from MSNBC for all your fake news.

Selling vin tags in not illegal as everybody in every state sells new and used tags on eBay and other sites. If buying tags was illegal win vin numbers on then, why did you buy 40+ fender tags off my eBay page a few years ago? Wouldn’t that be just as illegal? Dude, I know you mean well and good, but it jump to conclusions was an Olympic even, you would get gold, silver and bronze.

I have talked to California DMV, State Highway Patrol, County sheriff department and local law enforcement over the years and they all said that you can affix a replacment/restored tag as long as you do not alter the tag and numbers on said vehicle.

If your going to question the laws in California, then look up vehicle code 10750 VC vehicle code “it doesn't prohibit the restoration by an owner of the original vehicle identification number when authorized or prevent the manufacturer from placing business numbers on new motor vehicles or parts”.