Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Like many of you, I have pulled trailers with my pick ups for decades. Not any big heavy stuff, just 1/2 ton pick ups pulling 4,000 to 7,000lbs back from St Louis mainly. I don't buy new trucks, only used and have had probably a dozen or so the last few years. And I have to say that the Rams or Dodges or whatever they are calling them are by far and away the best trucks I have ever driven. The 5.7s with the 8 speed trannies especially make short work of those weights. The trucks are extremely comfortable and don't use as much fuel as the earlier models. For those load ranges for me there is absolutely no comparison to the older trucks.

Nostalgia is one thing, but efficiency and comfort is another. The Ram trucks of the last few years are great. The best ever. That's my experience and my opinion. Your mileage may vary. thumbs
You said it Dave; "Nostalgia is one thing, but efficiency and comfort is another". If you don't have to work the heck out of it than you can get by with the vintage truck. But long hauls pulling trailers, etc. I think it's very understandable to go with a newer Ram/Dodge whatever.

I've owned three Dodge trucks and never bought a new one. I've been looking at used TRX's but the used pricing is more ridiculous than new prices!

Facts are stubborn things.