Moparts

Ram EV Truck suck big time

Posted By: 71TA

Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/16/23 06:11 PM

What red neck would buy one of those?
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/16/23 06:12 PM

For that money buy a TRX, you will never be sorry.
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/16/23 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by 71TA
He works at a Cheby dealer that also owns a Chrysler dealer.

Wife is like NO WAY are you getting a $100k truck smile [censored] $100k will; be cheap soon. Hear on the news that $777/mth is the new normal payment, FOR SIX YEARS!

I want a DJ (2500) with diesel, but the payment scared me off. More power to those who can afford it, but I can't justify it for the few times a year I would tow with it.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/16/23 08:40 PM

Wife is like NO WAY are you getting a $100k truck smile [censored] $100k will; be cheap soon. Hear on the news that $777/mth is the new normal payment, FOR SIX YEARS!

Wow, that's more that the mortgage when I bought my house.
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/16/23 08:40 PM

The $100 to get on the list gets you basically nothing. First access to an unknown truck, with unknown features for an unknown price. Who would not want to jump in on that deal
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 03:47 AM

Not many.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 06:26 AM

if we, the consumers, don't buy these new political correct electric E.V., they will stop making them and build what sells, what we buy. work up
I like and love my Ram 3500 4X4 Cummins Turbo Diesel boogie up
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead

Best advice ever! My friend loves his so much, he bought a second one! You should cancel that PC order for the stupid EV and get one of these while you still can,or before my friend buys all of them, which ever comes first! Potato is right they will start making real vehicles once they figure out that going woke makes them go broke!

Attached picture 20221015_170727.jpg
Attached picture 20221015_171548.jpg
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
if we, the consumers, don't buy these new political correct electric E.V., they will stop making them and build what sells, what we buy. work up

I see Chrysler being owned by another company in the not too far future from doing such bad business ideas.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 03:16 PM

This goofy looking electric Charger with the fake exhaust sounds will be the death nail for the Dodge division! Yesterday they wanted to give my boss a new electric Wrangler and he turned it down, he said thanks but no thanks I'll just keep driving the 2004 Blazer,not interested in electric vehicles. If we hang tough and don't buy them they will have to make what sells.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 03:54 PM

I know. How stupid.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 04:04 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]
I'm on list with a dealer for '24. As soon as order banks open in Spring. They sell at or below MSRP. I'm tired of these dealers selling used ones way over MSRP!!! Yes, used ones over new sticker. I'll be a proud Dinosaur with the roar from the TRX and 0-60 times in the three seconds, ability to go through THREE FEET of water (I'm in Hurricane land which equals flooded streets), and yes more gas money spent, but no larger electric bill grin and a huge smile from the sounds alone!!!

To each his/her own. But not to comply with what we are ordered to do.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 04:12 PM

I spent a lot of time at Tesla programming industrial automation and robot lines. It was clean, professional and a pleasure working with EXCITED engineers and an eye opening experience compared to working here in the dungeons in Detroit. Wish they would make a more truck looking truck. If you ever drove a Tesla you'd be impressed at the acceleration.

Plugging in a truck at home since we have full solar electric power, would offset fuel costs. I would only use it for around town and work commute. Not to Bad thing is the gubnamint will find a way to tax the EV's.

You dinosaurs better get on board smile Its gonna happen.

PS My son works at a dealership and has a roladex of guys that have hime find "ways" get the first new model arrivals (Hummer EV's, Escalades, etc) and flip them for tens of thosands. Real stupid people smile

Us dinosaurs have no interest in electric vehicles or letting them force us into buying them! If you want to go woke good luck! P.S. Teslas are butt ugly cars,I would never be seen in one,I don't care if it could fly me to the moon,not interested!

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by chargervert
I spent a lot of time at Tesla programming industrial automation and robot lines. It was clean, professional and a pleasure working with EXCITED engineers and an eye opening experience compared to working here in the dungeons in Detroit. Wish they would make a more truck looking truck. If you ever drove a Tesla you'd be impressed at the acceleration.

Plugging in a truck at home since we have full solar electric power, would offset fuel costs. I would only use it for around town and work commute. Not to Bad thing is the gubnamint will find a way to tax the EV's.

You dinosaurs better get on board smile Its gonna happen.

PS My son works at a dealership and has a roladex of guys that have hime find "ways" get the first new model arrivals (Hummer EV's, Escalades, etc) and flip them for tens of thosands. Real stupid people smile

Us dinosaurs have no interest in electric vehicles or letting them force us into buying them! If you want to go woke good luck! P.S. Teslas are butt ugly cars,I would never be seen in one,I don't care if it could fly me to the moon,not interested!
Good luck and bring a Firetruck.
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 05:22 PM

They're pulling a fast one on everyone with this truck. They showed the concept a couple weeks ago, then debut this truck that looks nothing like it. Now people are thinking it has all the features that the concept had and it doesnt
Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 05:35 PM

Never electric!!! I watched a guy the other day at a EV station with a new Ford truck. He was pacing around while it was charging. I went in to buy groceries. When I came back out he was still pacing. Hope he wasn't in a hurry to get somewhere. If there were any real advantages, I haven't seen any. Time it takes to charge, Cost of vehicle, Cost of future replacement batteries, Limited when towing (range and battery life) Lack of charging stations. Lack of service stations for EVs, Not to mention most EVs are butt ugly. You can wait on a list all you want. I won't be giving you any competition in getting one.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by 70VcodeCoronetRT
Never electric!!! I watched a guy the other day at a EV station with a new Ford truck. He was pacing around while it was charging. I went in to buy groceries. When I came back out he was still pacing. Hope he wasn't in a hurry to get somewhere. If there were any real advantages, I haven't seen any. Time it takes to charge, Cost of vehicle, Cost of future replacement batteries, Limited when towing (range and battery life) Lack of charging stations. Lack of service stations for EVs, Not to mention most EVs are butt ugly. You can wait on a list all you want. I won't be giving you any competition in getting one.

Agreed on all accounts

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 06:09 PM

Many are used as farm trucks around here. Mine is not, in fact ive hardly driven it but will at some point.

I dont fault the guy going ELE. Weather the OP or anyone its there money and thats that. I do see many complain about things in life that at the end of the day is the result of the choices they made and only fall on them vs an outside source used as an excuse to cover there faulty decision making.

Originally Posted by chargervert

Best advice ever! My friend loves his so much, he bought a second one! You should cancel that PC order for the stupid EV and get one of these while you still can,or before my friend buys all of them, which ever comes first! Potato is right they will start making real vehicles once they figure out that going woke makes them go broke!

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
[spoiler][/spoiler][quote=Mr PotatoHead] For that money buy a TRX, you will never be sorry.
I'm on list with a dealer for '24. As soon as order banks open in Spring. They sell at or below MSRP. I'm tired of these dealers selling used ones way over MSRP!!! Yes, used ones over new sticker. I'll be a proud Dinosaur with the roar from the TRX and 0-60 times in the three seconds, ability to go through THREE FEET of water (I'm in Hurricane land which equals flooded streets), and yes more gas money spent, but no larger electric bill grin and a huge smile from the sounds alone!!!

I though they were ending v8 engines in Dodge Trucks this year in March?

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 09:15 PM

Cool. Roar. Roar smile
Posted By: nuthinbutmopar

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 09:46 PM

How's that going to work in Commiefornia when they outlaw new IC vehicles? Unless people get a clue and start voting the idiots out, they'll just "regulate" all the fuel-burners out of existence.
Posted By: volaredon

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/17/23 11:48 PM

As long as I can find 318s and 360s out and about (I never said anything about brand new) I should be set for life.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/18/23 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee

People have been saying that tired old phrase for years.
I sold new cars in 1985 and heard it many times back then.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/18/23 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by volaredon
As long as I can find 318s and 360s out and about (I never said anything about brand new) I should be set for life.

You better have a pile of them sitting someplace safe. Around here, 318s & 360s are almost impossible to find out in the wild. If you don't have them someplace where you can touch them daily and protect them, some meth head will steal them and turn them into scrap for drug money.

Had a buddy that had a couple motors and some other stuff kept in a locked shed in his back yard. When he came home from a week long vacation, he noticed everything that had any scrap value was gone. The police were not concerned about "old motors and other junk!" He filed a Police report, but what good did that do? The motors and other stuff was long gone. Since he couldn't pin point a specific date, the local scrap yards said they "couldn't help him".

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/18/23 04:30 AM

Clean up isle 7, 10 AND 24...

Funny as can be...owns a company that provides a product for our classic cars then sees his EV post and subsequent posts telling us WE are wrong is not well received then insults us...... "We dinosaurs better get on board." Then tries to edit things out.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/18/23 04:36 AM

You can motor swap all you want (lets be honest though, nobody does that for a daily driver) its the rust worm and electrical glitches that will get you. And that raises another point - I have spent good money getting my old V8 SUV oil sprayed every fall, I even took it back this time because the job wasnt done well enough and they had the kid paint the thing in oil until I was happy. Anyways, you cant oil spray EV's apparently. Maybe the underbody on them is covered with plastic panels so you dont have to, but that was the last I heard
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/18/23 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kern Dog
Originally Posted by 6PakBee

People have been saying that tired old phrase for years.
I sold new cars in 1985 and heard it many times back then.

Tired, maybe, accurate, absolutely.
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/18/23 03:49 PM

Currently have a low mileage 2001 Dually Cummins for the truck, keep it stored in winter and use as needed to keep it nice, no desire for a new truck. I am planning to sell it eventually and build a 52 Dodge Truck since I really don’t tow anymore.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/18/23 05:44 PM

Cool. Roar. Roar smile

and to think i thought a 5" fartpipe was obnoxious.... laugh2
beer

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/18/23 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by migsBIG
[spoiler][/spoiler][quote=Mr PotatoHead] For that money buy a TRX, you will never be sorry.

I though they were ending v8 engines in Dodge Trucks this year in March?
This year. I'm on list for 2024 not 2023

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/19/23 01:58 AM

I though they were ending v8 engines in Dodge Trucks this year in March? [/quote]This year. I'm on list for 2024 not 2023 [/quote]

Oh, ok. Are they coming out with a new v8 or are you getting the six cylinder engine that’s replacing the hemi?

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/19/23 05:20 AM

Supposedly the 6 banger isnt coming until they refresh the vehicles, which is all of them from the ram to the wrangler, that could be 2-5 years
Posted By: That AMC Guy

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/19/23 08:45 AM

I see Chrysler being owned by another company in the not too far future from doing such bad business ideas.

I agree. They haven't really done anything lately to either innovate or invigorate. All they've managed to do over the past decade+ is piss off it's former buyer base. It all started with calling an ugly 4-door sedan the "Charger". Then, they axed the Viper (which used to be a semi-affordable fun/toy car). Now let's call Dodge trucks RAM trucks.... a marketing move I still don't understand. There isn't a single car in their entire lineup that anybody under 50 cares about or can afford. I think their cheapest car starts at 40-grand. Try being a minimum wage worker trying to pay for that.

And lets face it, most of their lineup is a 20-year-old Mercedes platform.

It just seems like the Jeep curse is really taking hold yet again. Exactly what happened to poor little AMC is happening/has happened to poor, old Chrysler.

I honestly thought that little Dart/Chrysler 200 was going to save them. In my neck of the woods, you still see a LOT of them rolling around - they were very popular. I had hoped they'd do a performance edition, possibly 2-door Dart that I could buy, but that never came to fruition.... sadly.

It's sad. Chrysler used to make some pretty cool cars.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/19/23 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by That AMC Guy

I agree. They haven't really done anything lately to either innovate or invigorate. All they've managed to do over the past decade+ is piss off it's former buyer base. It all started with calling an ugly 4-door sedan the "Charger". Then, they axed the Viper (which used to be a semi-affordable fun/toy car). Now let's call Dodge trucks RAM trucks.... a marketing move I still don't understand. There isn't a single car in their entire lineup that anybody under 50 cares about or can afford. I think their cheapest car starts at 40-grand. Try being a minimum wage worker trying to pay for that.

And lets face it, most of their lineup is a 20-year-old Mercedes platform.

It just seems like the Jeep curse is really taking hold yet again. Exactly what happened to poor little AMC is happening/has happened to poor, old Chrysler.

I honestly thought that little Dart/Chrysler 200 was going to save them. In my neck of the woods, you still see a LOT of them rolling around - they were very popular. I had hoped they'd do a performance edition, possibly 2-door Dart that I could buy, but that never came to fruition.... sadly.

It's sad. Chrysler used to make some pretty cool cars.

The only thing wrong with the Charger was using the name on a 4 door car. They're popular and people like them. No other company is doing all the stuff to their cars like Chrysler was doing to the Charger and Challenger. But I think they are way off base with going all electric with them. They seem to think that the demand will follow. What they don't seem to realize is that a lot of people buying them aren't brand loyal, they're loyal to their hemi Chargers. It will be interesting to see if building a Charger EV that doesn't look like an EV will be popular and attract buyers or keep them and for how long before they move on to the next new thing. It seems like a gamble no matter what they do. They'd need to get onto the EV band wagon eventually and if they sell it side by side with a regular Charger the EV might not be popular and that might have a permanent hit on their long term EV sales. But getting rid of their gas cars you'd think would also loose a lot of sales. They had been pretty vocal about EVs so I'm still hoping that they're going to make a car for this new 6 cylinder engine that's been talked about.

When you look at the trucks the last time they actually put a Dodge emblem on one was 2004. I know they were still calling them Dodge Ram after that but 2005 doesn't say it on the truck itself anywhere and replaced with an over sized Ram logo so that name change was coming even back then.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/19/23 03:22 PM

What? Again?

How many times would that make now? scope
Posted By: ChryCoGuy

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/19/23 04:33 PM

Chrysler hasn't been Chrysler since the Daimler takeover. While I like what they did with Challenger and Charger, there's nothing else they've done that interests me. They hadn't made a decent truck since the seventies and eighties (remember when they said DODGE on the tailgate?) - they are all too bloated and too high to be overly useful anymore (why do you practically need a step ladder to heave an item over the side of the bed?). They've relied on Jeeps, pickups, minivans and mediocre SUVs while leaving their car lines to die a slow death. The company that owns the Chrysler brand doesn't really care about Chrysler... so why should I? Now the woke world is forcing us into EVs so there's not much left of interest to me. "Chrysler" can go the way of Packard, Studebaker, Nash and Hudson - it's been dead for quite awhile anyhow.

And sorry to break the news guys... the whole world is transitioning to EVs, so if you like one of these oversized gas or diesel powered things, you better buy it now. Once the changeover happens there's no going back.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/19/23 04:36 PM

I completely understand this sentiment Cab! But what we the consumer has to understand is it is NOT the auto manufacturers, it's the federal government! With a CAFE that of 2025, passenger cars and light-duty trucks in the U.S. must meet Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) fleet standards of 54.5 miles per gallon manufacturers are left with NO choice! How in the world can the reach this ridiculous number without almost all electric lineup! This is now less than two years away.

Blame mush brains and cohorts and not the manufacturers.

FJB
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/19/23 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy

And sorry to break the news guys... the whole world is transitioning to EVs, so if you like one of these oversized gas or diesel powered things, you better buy it now. Once the changeover happens there's no going back.

This is going to screw with my job. I put about 4000 miles a month on the work truck, no way I could do that with an EV. Not to mention the charging infrastructure isn't there.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/19/23 06:09 PM

I have no desire to own a TRX or Viper truck, what a worthless platform. A truck is a freakin' truck, NOT A CAR! A truck is an appliance to be used to tow, haul, and be of use other than a glorified SUV. My buddy just traded in his TRX for a 1500 Ram fully loaded and loves it, he said the TRX was a P O S! And one more thing, no EV anything will ever be owned by me... tsk

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/19/23 06:28 PM

A truck is an appliance to be used to tow, haul, and be of use other than a glorified SUV.

Of the four TRX trucks around me 3 have been clean one time since built...it was when built. They pull cattle trailers, feed, hay, run down dirt (not gravel) roads, muddy fields just like all the other farm trucks in the area.

Many TRX owners just dont want to hurt the trucks value but some work them pretty hard and have the truck because it is workable and bad ass fun to drive.

Really how many trucks in general sold today never see more then soccer mom type use? How many 4x4 trucks on the road that never use or need that feature? There are many many trucks of all brands like this around here simply because "Farmers" and there wives dont drive cars ever with the exception of Sunday AM service. I will snap a pic this week.... when I go to the local store it looks like a new truck lot.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/19/23 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
A truck is a freakin' truck, NOT A CAR! A truck is an appliance to be used to tow, haul, and be of use other than a glorified SUV

That is ONE opinion.
A whole industry of lowered sport trucks exists because of those with a different opinion.
I've driven a pickup as my primary vehicle since 1991. I worked construction and used my trucks for work but also as my everyday vehicle.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/19/23 11:54 PM

A guy down the road from me is a roofing contractor. He bought a new Ram with the Power Wagon package. Dark red with black stripes and trim. That was one good looking truck. I keep telling myself; it's a truck and a work truck at that. It was built to work.

But I still feel a bit sad every time I see it in the condition it is in now. frowwn

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/20/23 12:41 AM

I have no desire to own a TRX or Viper truck, what a worthless platform. A truck is a freakin' truck, NOT A CAR! A truck is an appliance to be used to tow, haul, and be of use other than a glorified SUV. My buddy just traded in his TRX for a 1500 Ram fully loaded and loves it, he said the TRX was a P O S! And one more thing, no EV anything will ever be owned by me... tsk
The Viper truck and TRX really are not comparable in my opinion. The SRT10 truck did not have a suspension geared toward off roading...not even close. Completely different ride heights, suspensions, etc. The TRX can pass through three feet of water, four door truck, and a true off road capability big-time. One friend telling you pos isn't a good enough sample size. I've heard more than one member here that loves there's. Just for the record, I was not a fan of the SRT10. I like TRUCKS that are trucks.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/20/23 12:49 AM

Definitely a truck grin

Attached picture 1_rti_r34_post_video_sub_lede.jpg

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/20/23 03:21 AM

A truck is a freakin' truck, NOT A CAR! A truck is an appliance to be used to tow, haul, and be of use other than a glorified SUV

That is ONE opinion.
A whole industry of lowered sport trucks exists because of those with a different opinion.
I've driven a pickup as my primary vehicle since 1991. I worked construction and used my trucks for work but also as my everyday vehicle.

And I have driven trucks since 1980 and as everyone knows I get all I can out of them. Lowered trucks, lifted trucks, short bed trucks, and trucks with too much power are still worthless to this one man's opinion... wave
Posted By: BleedDodge

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/20/23 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by 5thAve
When you look at the trucks the last time they actually put a Dodge emblem on one was 2004. I know they were still calling them Dodge Ram after that but 2005 doesn't say it on the truck itself anywhere and replaced with an over sized Ram logo so that name change was coming even back then.

Was 2010 trucks actually, and the 2011s just had the ram logo. My 2010 ram says dodge on the dash as well as the tailgate for sure. If you need proof I can send you some photos of it in the morning when the sun comes up.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/20/23 11:36 AM

I test drove a TRX with a friend a few weeks ago. I was super impressed, rode excellent on the highway, and it was a crappy highway. Blasted down the 2 lane country roads smooth as glass. Comfortable and quiet inside when cruising. Big mean and nasty when on the loud pedal. I could totally make one of those a daily driver.

I was surprised how massive it felt, I know it is a larger truck than normal but it felt huge. My daily driver is a 2016 Silverado 3500 HD 4x4 dually and the TRX still felt huge lol.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/20/23 01:20 PM

If I bought a truck today I would be taking a serious look at the new Colorado trail boss. 310hp / 390lbft

7700lbs towing

Attached picture 2023-chevrolet-colorado-carbuzz-1109608-1600.jpg
Attached picture 2023-chevrolet-colorado-carbuzz-1109615-1600.jpg

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/20/23 02:13 PM

Is that a big dent in the bed side or just shivvy's attempt at styling? biggrin

$40,000 to $60,000 initial price estimates.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/20/23 02:47 PM

Dakota is coming back too

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/20/23 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Is that a big dent in the bed side or just shivvy's attempt at styling? biggrin

$40,000 to $60,000 initial price estimates.

They are all pretty ugly if you ask me. Chevy, Ford, Ram. Turdota has to be the ugliest, though. Saw one yesterday and it even said "TURD" all over it.

It's been over 30 years since somebody has made a nice looking truck.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/20/23 03:04 PM

Definitely a truck grin

If you say so. Too big, bloated and ugly for me. Plus starting at $86,450 is a lot of coin.

I'll take one of these and do something else with the $70K I have left over...

[Linked Image]

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/20/23 03:14 PM

Want a 4 door pickup with a usable bed? I'll take this:

[Linked Image]

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/20/23 03:19 PM

So, like most truck buyers, you just want a cool little truck to bomb around in, and occasionally move stuff around. You don't need one of these oversized 2023 arks for that... one of these would be just fine...

[Linked Image]

Somewhere over the past 40 years, they forgot how to build trucks... they certainly forgot how to style good looking ones.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/20/23 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by BleedDodge

Was 2010 trucks actually, and the 2011s just had the ram logo. My 2010 ram says dodge on the dash as well as the tailgate for sure. If you need proof I can send you some photos of it in the morning when the sun comes up.

Well then it originally started in 2005 because like I said even tho they still called it Dodge Ram at the time the 2004s says Dodge on the tail gate and 2005 just has the ram logo with no Dodge anywhere. But I did a google search and did see that 2010 says Dodge in the logo on the tail gate. It looks like they added it again in 2009.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV - 02/20/23 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by BleedDodge

Well then it originally started in 2005 because like I said even tho they still called it Dodge Ram at the time the 2004s says Dodge on the tail gate and 2005 just has the ram logo with no Dodge anywhere. But I did a google search and did see that 2010 says Dodge in the logo on the tail gate. It looks like they added it again in 2009.

My 2004 3500 4x4 single wheel only had a RAM emblem on the tailgate, don't even recall a DODGE emblem anywhere. RAM in the steering wheel, nothing else on the dash... shruggy
Posted By: moparmojo

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/21/23 01:09 PM

Personally I don’t get all the hate for EVs. While the truck they came up with isn’t a super model I will reserve judgement until I see it in person. I remember the new for 94 big rig styling and thought I hated it with a passion until I saw it upclose and was impressed.

But if I was being honest, I was really hoping ma Mopar would break from all the other manufactures and not show us a space ship with blue lights but instead just show us a TRX body on an electric platform. That’s what I want.

Otherwise, I don’t have an issue with EVs as long as they can do the job. The infrastructure is slowly getting there. And for guys talking about the price, have you seen how much the old truck prices have skyrocketed? It’s crazy. So nothing is cheap any more..

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/21/23 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by moparmojo
Personally I don’t get all the hate for EVs.

I don’t have an issue with EVs as long as they can do the job. The infrastructure is slowly getting there.

But those two items are the very issues. They simply cannot even come close to doing the job that the ICE powered trucks can do, and the only infrastructure that is slowly getting there are the charging points. And we are far, far away from having enough of them. Besides the fact that there in not nearly enough generating capacity being added to cope with the additional demand.

Have you watched ANY of the real world Utube videos by battery truck owners? It is not a pretty picture.

What you confuse as 'hatred' for the EVs, is in reality a recognition that the government is shoving them down out throats before they are ready for most of us. Or that the country is ready for them. Simple as that. EVs (most especially trucks) do not make sense for the vast majority of Americans. And won't for the foreseeable future. At least 25% of early adopters of EVs go back to ICE. That percentage is likely to be even higher with battery truck buyers.

Right now, the battery trucks are a novelty. Although it is possible they may be able to find some niches somewhere. They may even be ready for prime time some day. But not today and not for a very long time.

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/21/23 04:18 PM

What you confuse as 'hatred' for the EVs, is in reality a recognition that the government is shoving them down out throats before they are ready for most of us. Or that the country is ready for them. Simple as that. EVs (most especially trucks) do not make sense for the vast majority of Americans. And won't for the foreseeable future. At least 25% of early adopters of EVs go back to ICE. That percentage is likely to be even higher with battery truck buyers.

Right now, the battery trucks are a novelty. Although it is possible they may be able to find some niches somewhere. They may even be ready for prime time some day. But not today and not for a very long time.

That's how I see it as well. Such a massive transformation being forced on us before it has been completely developed. Give me range, fast charging, reliability, and some degree of confidence that if it catches fire it won't take half the neighbourhood with it, and I'll be willing to give them a look. Until then, let consumers make choices for themselves.

TBH, if EVs were allowed to happen more organically (or at least by business model), there would probably be a generational change as younger buyers will see them as newer better technology and us old guys will eventually die off. But at least there would be time for the technology and supportive infrastructure to be developed. EVs have their advantages in that they have gobs of torque available at 0 rpm, so it's not all bleak, but at this point in time, they are not far enough along that I want to put all of my eggs into that one basket.

One good thing about early adopters is that they are great for companies' R&D efforts, in that they are providing failure modes in real-world use for free. The companies use this information to a great extent for improving new technology.

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/21/23 04:38 PM

My first and real love is with the old Dodge trucks! Especially the 1972 through 1980. It's so difficult to find a decent one nowadays. There is so much overpriced junk out there!!! And some need something for daily work purposes and I wouldn't do that to a '72-'80. It'd break my heart. Ideally I would own both a vintage and a new TRX. I'm aiming for that but my true love will always be with the real trucks, the old Dodges.

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/21/23 04:53 PM

Car and Driver who is not known for showing favorable bias to Chrysler products was very impressed with the TRX! I pulled a couple of lines out of the article but it's worth a read: https://www.caranddriver.com/ram/1500-trx

"Ram 1500 TRX breathes fire and has enough suspension travel to jump most castles, we'd argue that giant flying iguanas are, in fact, real. The TRX can slurp up off-road miles faster than most as it's the quickest gas-powered truck we've ever tested: The 702-hp monster flew to 60 mph in just 3.7 seconds. That means that despite its 6800-pound heft, it can beat a Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 to the next streetlight".

"Even though the TRX starts just north of $80,000, it's a lot of truck for the money".

"TRX shot to 60 mph in just 3.7 seconds and completed the quarter-mile in 12.3 seconds at 110 mph. That makes it the quickest pickup we've ever tested".

"Along with a reinforced steel frame, it boasts a beefed-up suspension built to bend and bound with more than 13 inches of travel. It rolls on a set of massive 35-inch all-terrain tires mounted on 18-inch wheels that contribute to the truck's 11.8 inches of ground clearance. Ram says the half-ton Hellcat can also ford up to 32 inches of water. Every TRX comes with enough underbody plating to protect a Brink's truck, Bilstein remote-reservoir dampers, an electronic-locking rear differential, and gigantic 15.0-inch front brakes"

"it can still pull a substantial amount. It has a maximum towing capacity of 8100 pounds"

I'd say this IS a truck in my opinion. A super fast and capable truck. up

Attached picture 2023-ram-1500-trx-101-1665752612.jpg

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/21/23 05:49 PM

Like many of you, I have pulled trailers with my pick ups for decades. Not any big heavy stuff, just 1/2 ton pick ups pulling 4,000 to 7,000lbs back from St Louis mainly. I don't buy new trucks, only used and have had probably a dozen or so the last few years. And I have to say that the Rams or Dodges or whatever they are calling them are by far and away the best trucks I have ever driven. The 5.7s with the 8 speed trannies especially make short work of those weights. The trucks are extremely comfortable and don't use as much fuel as the earlier models. For those load ranges for me there is absolutely no comparison to the older trucks.

Nostalgia is one thing, but efficiency and comfort is another. The Ram trucks of the last few years are great. The best ever. That's my experience and my opinion. Your mileage may vary. thumbs

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/21/23 06:17 PM

I'm sure the new trucks are fine, and do their intended jobs very well (and they should given the decades of evolution and technology that are to their advantage). I'm just disappointed in all of the companies that they have turned pickups into expensive monsters when they really don't have to be. For example, put today's technology into a package that looks like and is the same size as a 1975 Dodge pickup, and you'd be there, IMHO.

I mean, does it really need to be the size of 2 football fields? Does it need to weigh 7000 lbs? Does it need to be so high that you have to build ladders into the tailgate just to load the darn thing? Does it need to cost $70K?

Pickups today seem to be more about image and excess (more capacity than most will ever use or need) than just about being a truck... but that's just one man's opinion.

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/21/23 06:22 PM

Like many of you, I have pulled trailers with my pick ups for decades. Not any big heavy stuff, just 1/2 ton pick ups pulling 4,000 to 7,000lbs back from St Louis mainly. I don't buy new trucks, only used and have had probably a dozen or so the last few years. And I have to say that the Rams or Dodges or whatever they are calling them are by far and away the best trucks I have ever driven. The 5.7s with the 8 speed trannies especially make short work of those weights. The trucks are extremely comfortable and don't use as much fuel as the earlier models. For those load ranges for me there is absolutely no comparison to the older trucks.

Nostalgia is one thing, but efficiency and comfort is another. The Ram trucks of the last few years are great. The best ever. That's my experience and my opinion. Your mileage may vary. thumbs
You said it Dave; "Nostalgia is one thing, but efficiency and comfort is another". If you don't have to work the heck out of it than you can get by with the vintage truck. But long hauls pulling trailers, etc. I think it's very understandable to go with a newer Ram/Dodge whatever.

I've owned three Dodge trucks and never bought a new one. I've been looking at used TRX's but the used pricing is more ridiculous than new prices!
Posted By: Neil

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/21/23 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy
I'm sure the new trucks are fine, and do their intended jobs very well (and they should given the decades of evolution and technology that are to their advantage). I'm just disappointed in all of the companies that they have turned pickups into expensive monsters when they really don't have to be. For example, put today's technology into a package that looks like and is the same size as a 1975 Dodge pickup, and you'd be there, IMHO.

I mean, does it really need to be the size of 2 football fields? Does it need to weigh 7000 lbs? Does it need to be so high that you have to build ladders into the tailgate just to load the darn thing? Does it need to cost $70K?

Pickups today seem to be more about image and excess (more capacity than most will ever use or need) than just about being a truck... but that's just one man's opinion.

New trucks are way too big for me also. Many people don't need really these new quad cab 2500 series trucks unless they have a job that requires it. People buy/lease them for a few years and turn them back in without ever towing anything, or using the bed.

I think people buy big pickups as they are easier to see ahead of people in traffic vs a lower to the ground car, and they hold their value better than the contemporary crop of disposable cars out there.
Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/25/23 12:10 AM

ANything less than an 8' bed, those trucks are driven by posers.

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/25/23 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by 2fast4yourBrain
Because you know everyone's needs?
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/25/23 08:00 PM

It's spelled poseur

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/26/23 01:48 AM

The vast majority of trucks that I see nowadays have a bed that is approx 6 foot long or shorter.
I've made it 36 years in construction with a short box truck just long enough for a 6 foot ladder. I see trucks with the 5 1/2 foot bed or even those Jeep Gladiator trucks with whatever they have and I smirk....If the bed can't even accommodate a 6 foot ladder, I don't want it.
4 door trucks don't interest me anyway.

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/26/23 04:29 AM

Yep I agree completely. The newer trucks are by far so much better for towing then anything before them, I should know. up

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/26/23 04:39 AM

The vast majority of trucks that I see nowadays have a bed that is approx 6 foot long or shorter.
I've made it 36 years in construction with a short box truck just long enough for a 6 foot ladder. I see trucks with the 5 1/2 foot bed or even those Jeep Gladiator trucks with whatever they have and I smirk....If the bed can't even accommodate a 6 foot ladder, I don't want it.
4 door trucks don't interest me anyway.

You know how many 6' ladders I have seen on the roadways in the last 40 years? If you had an 8' bed then it generally will stay in the bed. Driving only 100,000 miles a year in a pickup truck the number one thing I see on the side of the road are gas cans, followed by empty coolers, then mattresses! I even ran over a mattress and the springs wrapped around my driveshaft and beat the crap out of the bottom of my truck... mad

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/26/23 06:07 AM

Jim, you are smarter than this.
A 6 foot ladder stays put in a 6 1/2 foot truck bed. No ladder has ever fallen out of any of my trucks in over 1,000,000 miles of driving.
Mattresses hit the roadway because they were not properly secured. Gas cans as well. Load a truck bed to the side rails with loose cargo and the wind will blow it out.
Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/26/23 06:30 AM

If only a manufacturer would put out a truck w/a 6.5' bed that extends to 8'.

Hmmm...

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/26/23 08:21 AM

If only a manufacturer would put out a truck w/a 6.5' bed that extends to 8'.

Hmmm...

Or a collapsible ladder

Attached picture 11a0403_9__74932__62392.jpg

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/26/23 03:38 PM

Thank Goodness someone invented the spray-in bed liner. I used to see the slip-in liners on the side of the interstate on a regular basis. laugh2
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/26/23 03:57 PM

WOW, ,,, Nice comment, Your needs have nothing to do with my needs Im sure.

I have never had a truck with an 8 ft bed. and Ive had a truck of some sort for the better part of my life

Latest one is a 2012 hemi quad cab with the 6.5 bed. And it pulls a trailer much better than the 2000 Ram 2500 with the 5.9 that I bought new. And almost as well as the last truck I had which was a 1998 Ram 2500 quad cab ( also short bed ) with the gas sucking V10.

Attached picture 2012RamSport.jpg

Re: Ram EV Truck suck big time - 02/26/23 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by gtx6970

WOW, ,,, Nice comment, Your needs have nothing to do with my needs Im sure.

I have never had a truck with an 8 ft bed. and Ive had a truck of some sort for the better part of my life

Latest one is a 2012 hemi quad cab with the 6.5 bed. And it pulls a trailer much better than the 2000 Ram 2500 with the 5.9 that I bought new. And almost as well as the last truck I had which was a 1998 Ram 2500 quad cab ( also short bed ) with the gas sucking V10.

I bought a 96 club cab V10 long bed then a 2000 quad cab short bed 5.9 gas, what a mistake that was! Then I got a 2004 quad cab short box 3500 because of the restrictions I had parking my trailer, a long bed would have made it dicey. After that I bought regular cab long beds and have been happy with those decisions. True it is each their own decision, but I can't live without a long bed anymore. I am currently in the process of buying a 2010 quad cab dually because of my situation changing for parking my trailers...
© 2024 Moparts Forums