Originally Posted by cudaboy
Originally Posted by Ramrod39
I found Moparts when the Dallas board shut down. There were some good times there. Anyone remember the "Cardboard Coronet" post there? I laughed until I cried...
With the aircraft landing lights, right? I can almost think of the guys name but not quite.

Dennis

The Cardboard Coronet post went something like this:

A member posted seeking advice because his across the street neighbor had a Cornet RT sitting in his yard for years. He would see the car and the owner from across the street often. The member dearly wanted to own and restore the car but the owner would not sell. He was asking how to convince the owner to sell the car to him. The thread went on for a while with lots of advice but the topper was when someone posted something like this:

"Empty, open, and clean your garage. Stand in your driveway when the neighbor is working in his yard and stare at the Coronet, then turn and stare at your empty garage. Then stare at the Coronet again and then at your garage again. Do this every time your neighbor is working in his yard so he gets the message . If this does not work after a while, reinforce the message by building your own Cornet out of cardboard in your driveway." laugh2

I do remember a landing light post but not any of the specifics.