Originally Posted by furious70
Originally Posted by dart4forte
Originally Posted by MadMopars
Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
Where do you come by the notion that members are boycotting the board? "Visiting daily" and "boycotting" seem to be at odds. Are you saying they only view the posts but don't participate (lurk)?

When browsing older posts, you come across members who haven't posted in quite awhile (years). If you look at the profile you can see when they were last on the site but when compared to their last post, it's quite a span. Furthermore, when their last few posts state they are boycotting the site, it doesn't leave much to wonder.

Not boycotting but still lurk. Still have friends on here. It’s just not my go to site anymore. The pop up BS is the main reason.

ditto.

The FXBO sites have much better software, make it much easier to be a part of the community.
While I changed my name and resigned up once, I was 'wayne_township' on here all the way back when the Dallas Mopar Board existed as the main competition, until it's owner stopped upgrading and javascript hackers made it a mess almost daily.

Tom has posted several times on here about his stance - it's his product he can do what he wants. It's producing enough revenue as it is. I do come on here but mostly to look at the classifieds as a buyer.
IMO Joey has a better product with much better software and better terms of service.

And Joey also wants money to be a "gold member", he can't touch my gold member! Tom is a Mopar guy, Joey is a Lincoln vs Cadillac guy who found out he could make money on Mopar people. I do like the software better, hovering over a topic to see if it is of interest instead of having to open it save lots of time, but there are so many topics to chose from it get cumbersome and you miss a lot of things you might want to check out... twocents

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!