Knowledgeable people are often busy, working, running a business, trying to keep up in a time when hired help is either not showing up, too expensive, or too big of a PIA, materials are short and problems are plenty. And it's harder than ever to make money. They just don't have time to loaf around participating.

Some of the folks who used to come on here and offer help, advice, comments, constructive criticism have passed away. Others grew tired of being questioned, argued with and/or being talked down to for their efforts.

Then there's the guy's who have businesses and get publicly bashed on here by people who feel they've been done wrong. Sometimes that's valid, and sometimes it's just a person with entitlement syndrome who's mad because they didn't get their butt kissed. Either way, they just walk away as it's not helpful for them to be here and get beat up.

Many members have been here for years. The world is changing. The number of people interested in old cars is shrinking. Government regs have eliminated much of what we used to be able to do. Cars have become more valuable and collectable than they were when we beat them up, cut them up and abused them. New iron doesn't appeal to everyone. There are specific forums for those interests.

Plenty of reasons for the changes. It's not Infolinks, although that is a PIA without adblocker. Just because I don't hang out on FB or some forum doesn't mean I'm actively boycotting it. More like I just don't have the time, the interest or don't want to participate for some other reason. People's tastes and interests change over time too.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/18/22 12:27 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.