Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by srt
Keep in mind the bow" flipped" or whatever as seller was taking it to delivery. Ran "perfectly" on trip to drop off.
I have no other basis for belief conditions changed post agent inspection (was that his appointed task?).
The bow itself could have been disclosed prior to transit, while the perceived tune issues need to be figured out.
Each item can be further looked into, not to discredit either seller or buyer, simply to figure it out.
Heck price for what the seller (did you mean buyer?)is asking, negotiate a 50-50 split and be done with it.
Or not, and lose sleep and potential to spend lots of $ on a battle of wits and bowed backs.
p.s. we are basing our opinions based on one perspective and source of info.
Not judging anyone it's important to see it from both sides.

Very well said and correct, IF you are dealing with a normal person which it does not sound like he is shruggy IF he is dealing with a SCROTE, there is no reasoning with them. Even asking them what they want / or will settle for only encourages them as they now:
1. Feel they are justified
2. Now have potential proof that you're admitting to their claims
3. Believe you knowingly misrepresented the transaction
4. Believe they now have the upper hand
5 .Will scrutinize every miniscule detail
6. In doing so, will find more problems and raise their demands.
7. Will follow though with an attorney as they now believe they have enough to win a judgment or get you to deposition where they will squeeze for even more $$ to settle.
8. At this point the OP has lost lots of sleep and $ on a battle that could not be reasonably resolved no matter what was offered

I feel exactly the same and you are 100% correct.
This guy has more money than brains.
I'm just hoping this guy goes away. It's going to cost him more in lawyer fees that it's worth.
A few small repairs and this car is magnificent.