Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
You need to step back from this and get focused on what you can control. Worrying about what texts you have about an unsigned bill of sale isn’t going to get this to go away. Sure, save those, but as tjp said, a court may laugh at that as anything to be concerned with.

Cease communications until you speak to an attorney, and focus on finding one with experience with such a mess. Or wait until his sends a letter and then get one. These are things you can control. If you want to ask him what it will take to “make this right” to get you peace on the matter, that’s another thing you can control. Personally I would see if he moves on before doing that one.

History of the future- if he’s a game player with means or an accomplice attorney(himself, brother, friend) he can shake you down. A lawsuit will cost at least 15k. For you. He may not face as much if he has the right setup. The game will be chicken to see who will shell out the opening salvo in court, or see if the other guy coughs up 5k to make it go away. He’ll drum up a 30k invoice for a paint job, parts missing, engine work, etc. so you will have to choose to fight on principle or pay a lesser amount to get away from him. Will a judge or jury have knowledgeable car people that will see the issues with understanding, or will they see pictures taken to accent a flaky spot or rust on the back of a bumper and see it as you sold him a lemon?

His text was saying only rusty bumpers, needs tune up and new spark ug wires and sparkplug and one flipped headliner bow. The car was thoroughly inspected twice. Once at my house and then at the drop-off location.
He complained also, I left the car with little gasoline.
Bumpers weren't rusty and also sparkplug wires were new with 30 miles on them . Same with sparkplug
As stated before, the car ran unbelievably strong and no issues. Idles perfectly.