I would NEVER buy a big dollar car without personally looking at it IN-PERSON! This story is incredible, but there are people out there like him.

I have come across a few people like this over the years. Back in the 80's when I owned a company that supplied rust-free parts from the SW US, I remember we shipped a fender to a guy - it was a nice part & not rusted through anywhere. The guy calls us after receiving the part all worked-up: "THIS IS A USED PART!!!!!!!!" and: "YOU GUYS PROBABLY BOUGHT THIS FROM A JUNKYARD! I'LL BET YOU PAID LESS THAN $50.00 FOR IT!" I told the guy "actually - I think we got that fender for free."

So right after the guy uttered "this fender is USED!" - I asked him where in our ad or where in any communication we led him to believe everything we sold was NOS? This guy was just a babe in the woods - he had no business being involved with the old car hobby. There ARE people this naive out there! YOUR car buyer is either one of these, or he's trying to pull a scam. Like someone suggested in the thread here - move this $$ to another bank ASAP & give your attorney a heads-up on what is going on. Follow your attorney's advice. Obviously, you'll have some legal expenses but hopefully not more than a few hours.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified