If you were selling the car as a private individual(I assume) it is all on him. I have bought 3 "hotrods" sight unseen. Talked to the owners quite a bit also. They are used cars so you get what you get for not getting on a plane and doing your own due diligence. Cyclone, was almost exactly as described. Only thing he forgot to tell me was only 1 of the drum brakes worked which made the drive from the dropoff spot fun as heck. Superbee was a roller so yeah, Got what I paid for. Barracuda looked nicer than it was. Started working on it and was going to just put a V8 kframe in, drop a 360 in and drive it and have fun. That was the plan until I crawled under the rear and realized the frame over the diff was completely rusted out. Never called any of the sellers back. You buy a car that is 30-50 years old, well, it isn't like it was just on the show room floor. Guy is and idgit who is trying to scam you. Yes Hemis aren't cheap but he knew the risks. Not like the car showed up with 318 in it when you showed a Hemi in the pictures I hope.

67 Barracuda FB 69 Superbee "Southern Maryland: If you want a good looking woman, you had better bring her with you"