Originally Posted by srt
Selling real estate I've used this clause:

At Closing, Buyer shall receive a repair credit against the Purchase Price in an amount equal to $X for repairs and replacements at the Property. Said repair credit is the total agreed amount between Buyer and Seller as offset the repair work found during Buyers completing due diligence inspections of the property. Seller nor Buyer shall have any obligation to pay the other party due to any increase or decrease of the actual cost of the repair work compared with the credit given and said credit shall not be subject to adjustment.

As it seems it may be difficult for you to communicate with the buyer about what you said "It was older restoration but still looked great."
All the writing on this site does nothing to resolve. Before the deal completely sours and with the potential to spend a lot to resolve think about a fairly easy fix.
The real estate deal requires inspections. The sale from a far requires trust and facts (there's that word). The problem is based in interpretation of condition and the private discussions we are not privy.
It's tough to communicate about these deals. I'd recommend the easy road of communicating and getting his list and what he wants. Then you develop your counter and get him to accept.
Or, don't and see what happens.

In my case the list of IMAGINARY problems and his demands kept changing. Keep in mind this went on for 6 MONTHS with no opportunity by him to allow me to address ANY of the IMAGINARY issues. I tried everything humanly possible and he just kept adding things. He finally said he wanted all money refunded .After telling him I was done, I was served several weeks later. Based on what I have read so far this is likely Scrote's close relative pity