Worried about the possibility that the transmission was leaking again, I crawled under the Coupe, and took a quick look. Everything looked good. No visible signs of anything leaking. No idea what it could have possibly been? While at the gas station, I watched the cars we passed just a few minutes earlier, take their picture to prove they followed the route, and instantly pull back out, and hit the road. Meanwhile, Joel was busy yacking it up, and mentions he needs to use the bathroom... Well at least we weren't trying to pound a new seal in the back of the transmission. Joel walks out of the gas station with a fresh gallon jug of water. "Are you a Camel?" I asked. "Saddle up!" he replies. Tony said he would just follow us on the route, since he was running solo. Roughly another 100 miles up was our second check point of the day. The Coupe was starting to run a little warmer, but we just figured that the air temp was rising as well, so it wasn't a concern. 165-170* was nothing to be concerned about, but it was higher than before. The second check point was much nicer than the first. It was a parking lot next to a lake. Plenty of room to have Drag Week cars fill the area while pulling trailers. We chatted quickly with others, did a gas check to see where we were at, and determined that we'd need to stop one more time. Tony, once again said he was getting a liquid spray on his windshield. Another check under the Coupe, and nothing was obvious? So we once again, hit the road, and found a nice small gas station. What looked like a small station turned out to be a very cool General Store. Once inside they had everything. While I was inside looking around, Joel was out taking pictures of his actual look alike, and this one wasn't to be confused with Blake Shelton. Joel also made friends with a cow. He wasn't about to try milking it like he did in 2015, when it turned out to be a bull, and gored him. Joel, and Tony found their way into the store, and Joel asks what I'm looking for? I told him I was looking for something to mess with Jeff Oppenheim, and I found the perfect thing to do so. A 4 foot long feather duster. Joel asked "What are you going to do with that?" "Zip tie it to Jeff's parachute mount while he's at the hotel." Joel advised me that once the joke starts, that there will be repercussions, and he didn't really want a part of that. I told him it would be fine. Jeff's a good sport. When we got outside, Tony gave me a weird look, and asked, "What's that for???" "I'll tell you later." LOL.

We once again wedged ourselves back in the Coupe, and got back on the route. Tony was closely following behind us. With less than 100 miles to go before we got to Indianapolis Raceway Park, we were feeling pretty good. The Coupe was running decent, maybe a little warm, but humming along. I was surfing Facebook on my phone, when all of a sudden felt the racing harness tighten way up, the tires on the Coupe started to howl, and Joel was steering the Coupe like Sammy Swindell in a Sprint car. I looked over my left shoulder to see where Tony was, and I see him going down the ditch past the turn. Dust is flying everywhere. I looked at Joel, and asked 'What the hell was that?" "Almost missed the turn!" ALMOST??? "Where is Tony?" I asked. "He's back there. Ship shape, no problem."

Not too much further up the road, and the temp on the HEMI is now climbing at a much faster rate. It's getting close to 190* on the water, and 200* on the oil. "We need to make a pit stop Joel." "I'll find us a place where no other Drag Week cars are going to stop." About a block off our route, Joel finds a small park/picnic area. Tony follows us. And we all park in the grass. Tony quickly hops out, and says, "For sure you guys are leaking something." We told him the HEMI was starting to run hot. Joel got a concerned look on his face, and said that he might have made a mistake retorqueing the heads the night before. Joel opened up the radiator cap, and it was almost empty of water...

DW21-22.jpgDW21-23.JPGDW21-24.JPGDW21-19.jpg

69 GTX 68 Road Runner