First of all, it wasn't a tuba. It was a trombone....

Prior to leaving for drag week, I had spent about 1/2 hour trying to figure out how to operate the GoPro, but I couldn't find the instructions, there is no switches or dials, and only 2 little push buttons. No way to intuitively figure it out. At least I figured out how to remove the battery and put it in the charger. (:

At Indy, after turning in that crappy time slip, I was kinda wishing we were in a horserace for position, so that I would HAVE to go back and try to improve. After all, I know the car has 9's in it, and my MPH was way better in 2018. But considering the standings, hitting the road now was the prudent thing to do.

I did eliminate the top end power loss. I figured it was running out of fuel on the big end. So I turned up the fuel pressure. The Norwalk pass where it laid down was at 5 to 6 psi. With the scoops and carb screens off, and the engine idling, I slowly turned it up while watching inside the carbs. At 8 psi, 2 carbs were leaking fuel into the carb throat. At 9 PSI, a 3rd one was starting to leak. So I locked it down there, with a plan that I would switch the Mallory 140 fuel pump on and off, regulating the fuel level that way until I staged the car. JOEL, JUST REMEMBER TO TURN IT BACK ON!, I kept telling myself. That worked, but still the mph was off. I wonder why, hmmm....

Here is a pic I found of me and Jeff working on the coupe:

herman and eddy.jpeg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"