With the shock of Mark Fisher running 8's in the Hot Rod class in the back of our minds, it was still a great day to watch some racing and see friends that only events like this bring us together. Scott Abbott was running his old reliable 1970 Road Runner, that has done many Drag Week's, Rocky Mountain Raceweek, and now Summit Midwest Drags. Scott is one of the friendliest guys you can meet. Always smiling, and eager to talk. We also ran into Mopar Billy's brother Dale. Dale was running his Gremlin, along with his son Little Billy. They were both making passes in the car. Dale put on a show for everyone as he stood the Gremlin up on the bumper, and when it came crashing down, it took a good chunk of Norwalk pavement with it. Typical Gebhart, he kept his foot in it, and ran the thing out.

As the day went on, it was time for Joel, and I, to head to North Carolina, and pick up his Land Speed car. "The Garage Shop" was our destination in the hills near Charlotte, NC as they were the shop that had reworked the rollcage, and fixed some other issues in Joel's car. These guys do amazing work, and while there we got a shop tour. One of the cars they were working on was a replica of Buddy Bakers famous K&K Insurance Daytona's. They were going to take the car to Bonneville, and see if they couldn't break the class record with it. Power came from a NASCAR small Block. Would have rather seen a HEMI in the car, but it's not my money paying for it.

With everything loaded up we started to head back to Norwalk, to catch the tail end of Midwest Drags. We made stops at the Biltmore Estate in Ashland NC, and the Wheels through Time museum. Both very cool places to see. While back at Norwalk, we got a chance to talk with those that finished the event, said we would see them at Drag Week, and made our way to the Henry Ford Museum. Another great place to see, and I was surprised to see not just Fords there, but everything you can think of. One of my favorites was the Goldenrod streamliner. Powered by 4 Chrysler HEMI's. Very cool to finally see this thing in person.

Scott A.jpgDale Gremlin.JPGK&K Daytona.jpgGoldenrod.jpg

69 GTX 68 Road Runner