The first NHRA inspector looked at the NHRA sticker on the cage and questioned its authenticity. It was clear he didn't like the car and he didn't like the cage.

I'm thinking "how can this be?" it has flown through everywhere it has been? That is when I pulled out the paperwork from the NHRA inspector who applied the sticker and urged the guy to phone him. He wouldn't call. After he gave me the 3rd degree on the cage, he walked away and I thought I was done. But then he came back with another inspector and showed it to him, fully expecting the second guy to denounce it. Now thoughts of being booted from the event before I even started where rolling around in my head, and what next? What's with this bonehead trying to trip up my dragweek? But the 2nd guy took a quick look in the cab, then in the trunk, and said. "it's fine." Then the 1st guy tried to convince him. But he stood his ground and eventually the first guy gave up. I think the fact that the car looks like a rat rod set off an alarm in his head that he couldn't overcome. The car looks like an old school jalopy from a distance, but it really is well built under the ugly duckling skin. That's the way I planned it, to create somewhat of a sleeper effect.

cage right front small.jpgcage insdie lr small.jpgopen trunk with rear end small.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"