Originally Posted by 71TA

THEN a 2nd theft occurs when the intended customer calls the seller/retailer and demands a replacement. PLEASE don't say insurance will pick it up. After 15 years I have NEVER been able to collect on UPS or USPS insurance. Both make you fill out 100 pages of forms and documentation hoping you will throw in the towel. They are correct in my case.

Could just be your UPS area/division distribution hub....I've only had 1 claim with UPS in the last 35+ yrs of shipping world wide with them, the claim was about 5 yrs ago on a damaged shipment (forktruck tracks across the crushed box/contents) one phone call to UPS rep, and a check for the insured amount was issued, no paper work, I had the customer return the box to a UPS depot for inspection, along with the driver's note of damage when delivered....I always specify that my customers note/document with the driver/UPS any and all damage to a shipping container no matter how minor.....now FedEx on the other hand is a sh1t service at any end of the spectrum, I refuse to use them....