Well, in the past week I have heard from 2 customers now (one in Canada & one in Spain) that have not received their mufflers from me. Just heard about the Spain one 2 days ago. I shipped that package in mid-June - "slow" air like I send all my international orders. I can trace it all the way to Madrid, then there's a note that they can't complete the shipment because of incomplete documentation. My customer there has run into a wall with them & is asking me for a refund now. Other shipment (Canada) was dropped off at my local PO on 7/1, & the last update was on 7/5 & nothing since. Same thing - customer is asking for a refund. I went to my post office today & they are no help at all - they cannot (or will not) intervene on my behalf - they instruct me to fill out a claim online.

I have sent a few packages back in 2002 with FedEx for international destinations with BAD results for me - like a couple rounds of charges to me for brokerage & duties, which essentially doubled my cost to ship, & I could not go back on my customers to cover this - so my decision was made to never ship FedEx out of the continental US. Well, I had 2 muffler orders for Canadian customers going out yesterday, so my dilemma: do I roll the dice with the USPS again, or do I tell my customers sorry - I can't ship to you? So I tried something different - went to my local UPS store. Guy there said they would take about 4-5 days to get there - so I figgered that would be a lot better than NEVER getting there! Then the good part - these were both a LOT less expensive than shipping through the post office. I'll be processing refunds for both customers on a chunk of the shipping.

So it's all good with UPS IF the customers actually receive their mufflers, AND if they arrive in good condition. I remain cautiously optimistic. I feel like we are literally running out of good companies, & good people to get things done anymore. I'll fill out the USPS lost claims forms next, but seriously doubt I'll ever see a dime from them - I can just see it coming. And I have ZERO tolerance for them if they go that route - I'll challenge them in court. It'll cost them a lot more to engage me legally than the mufflers are worth. Same thing goes for a never-delivered FedEx package to a Florida customer - FedEx has already told me "it shows it was delivered" & to pound sand. Going to court with them too. I have no place in my heart for this type of incompetence & dishonesty.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified