Originally Posted by ignoble
I don't understand the package stuck in Madrid situation?? -- USPS needs to co-ordinate with the Spanish postal equivalent to get the package out of USA employee hands/USPS plane and into Spain employee hands/ Spanish truck..... but maybe spain is refusing it because some of the import documentation is inccorrect...
Could this be a problem on the Spanish post office / customs - side of things, and not with the USPS ??

I mean its not a USA citizen driving a US registered postal service Jeep down Spanish roads in Europe to get this package to the final destination in Madrid.

Then this post followed yours & THIS one is correct:

Once it leaves the US & arrives at foreign customs, USPS has no involvement from there on. It's at the mercy of the local postal services.
Canada isn't to bad in that regards, but others? Good Luck.

----------------------------

I went to my local post office just yesterday & we discussed the Spain delivery. The clerk told me once it's out of our country, it's out of their hands. And they cannot coordinate with the Spaniards to get the "proper" documentation so this package can be delivered. So the USPS offers no solutions other than "if it's over 30 days, you can file for a loss." I started looking at the claim procedure & it looks WAAAAAY more complicated than it ought to be. I'll be spending hours on chasing these two. What a crock of $hit.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified