Originally Posted by Uberpube
Dr. Diff is correct, UPS is absolutely brutal to us north of the 49th. I got a real good taste of it when UPS brokered a clutch when they were told not to because it was being brokered by an independent broker. The UPS bill was 500 something, the independent broker bill was about 140.00 for the exact same service. UPS wanted the money and then offered to match the independent broker bill, which I declined.
USPS to Canada Post is the best way for smaller stuff to Canada in terms of cost.
For bigger, heavier stuff, the other way that I used with Dr.Diff, is to have it shipped to Montana Mailbox by whatever means, and let Montana Mailbox(aka DYK Post) bring it across the border and broker it. A lot of places offer free shipping or reasonable shipping within the US, using DYK works out quite a bit cheaper
than UPS, but it takes them 1-2 weeks to process it.
For work stuff I use a commercial FEDEX account with an independent broker, but some of the packages look like they were kicked all the way here.

Uh-Oh - didn't even realize this! I'll let my two customers know these are on their way via UPS & ask them to inform me what "tolls" they end up paying UPS. In all my 18 years of shipping with the USPS, these two were the first losses. Some orders took almost a month to arrive, but they always made it. As far as the mufflers going to Spain - they were for a C3 Corvette sidepipe car. People don't put my mufflers on Citroens! That's an insult! grin

And DHL? You got a quote from them lately? I did about 6 months ago just for the halibut - pair of mufflers to Australia they wanted $450.00 or thereabouts! USPS was like $130.00. They are PROUD of their service!

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified