Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by cgall
I admit I'm one of those parents that doesn't want his kids driving a 25 year old POS. My strategy for my kids has worked well 3 times. Two years before they turn 16, I buy a new car and drive it myself. They learn to drive in that car and then when they get their license I give them a car that has only 30K on it and has all the latest safety equipment. Oldest son got a Honda Civic, second one Toyota Corolla, third one Ford Focus. When they finish school and get a job I sign the car over and make them get their own insurance.
You can't fault a safety conscious parent.

True. But what did the third kid do to end up stuck in a Fuckus?

Moving back to topic, what cars are even interesting to own over the last 3 decades? Nissan Skyline? Sure, if you can find one, good luck registering it. Supra? Always been in high demand and pricey. Eclipse? Good luck finding on that isn't a turd. If you do, plan on spending big bucks.

It's not just the lack of 60s vintage vehicles that keeps kids out of the hobby. Heck, even nice mid 70s Cutlasses are huge money. Priced out a decent mid 80s Buick? How about a GN?

Really, the only V8 rwd vehicles around on a budget are Crown Vics. And those aren't sexy.

Last edited by ruderunner; 05/12/21 08:42 PM.

Angry white pureblood male