Originally Posted by not_a_charger
This is true for virtually every pre-2000 vehicle, and some that are newer than that. 10 years ago, it was true for every 1990 vehicle, etc. That's how it has worked forever.

I dunno man. In the early 2000's, I had NO problems finding parts for my 70's and 60's cars I was rolling back then. The local parts place even used to have those parts IN STOCK.

In 2005, I built up a 1987 Turbo Lebaron Coupe. I don't think RockAuto was a thing back then, so I got 99% of my parts locally. Nothing was hard to find, nothing was terribly expensive, either. But today, I'm having a heck of a time finding pieces for my Daytona. Local places LIST the parts, but nowhere is there any stock.

Heck, in 1999, we needed a coil for a 1939 Ford 8N tractor.... Our Local NAPA was more than happy to sell us one. They had 5 IN STOCK and wanted to unload them.

But there has been a BIG movement for local places to not carry backstock anymore. It's considered "overhead" and overhead costs stores money. It's no cost to them to have something trucked in, because they pass that cost along to the consumer.

Last edited by That AMC Guy; 05/09/21 05:36 AM. Reason: OCD

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....