Originally Posted by Mr T2U
Originally Posted by That AMC Guy

Is there a fully-electric car out there that has even half the range of a gasoline vehicle?

YES

from linked article
1. 2021 Tesla Model S Performance all-wheel drive with 19-inch wheels: 387 miles

2. 2021 Tesla Model X Long Range Plus RWD: 371 miles

3. 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD: 353 miles

4. 2021 Tesla Model Y Long Range RWD: 326 miles

5. 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD California Route 1: 305 miles

there are several still in testing stages that are supposed to get 400+.
the VW ID.4 just completed the Norra 1000 off road challenge on the first try. only 63 of 89 gas powered cars completed it.

https://www.cars.com/articles/electric-vehicles-with-the-longest-range-422227/

keep a open mind regarding EV cars. as technology advances they will get better, the more cars on the road = more charging stations so long range won't be as important. the critics conveniently forget gas powered cars were total junk in the early years .it took a while before they really started to be something.
there are several places where EV cars are easily economically viable now like large cities or delivery cars with set routes.

i have no plans on buying or driving one in my future plans. i have no problem with their development.

And what's the average cost of any of those? Because nothing entices me and I have a hard time paying a fortune for something I won't enjoy.

I'm somewhat surprised that, with the laws having been changed recently, no small manufacturer has popped up to produce their 500 annual cars that don't need to meet emissions or crash regulations.
But, at the same time, I can understand that it takes billions of dollars to start a car company and 500 cars a year won't produce a profit. But, if they could reproduce an AMC Hornet or AMC Gremlin with a 350-mile electric setup?? THAT I might get behind. Especially if they can sell it for under 25k. Cheap for me, cheap for teenagers.

But I know that will never happen.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....