Originally Posted by not_a_charger
Originally Posted by Satilite73

I dunno man. In the early 2000's, I had NO problems finding parts for my 70's and 60's cars I was rolling back then. The local parts place even used to have those parts IN STOCK.

I gotta agree with That AMC Guy.

Early 2000's I had no problems finding parts for my '71 and '73 locally. They were almost 30 yrs old at the time.

Now, same age, but current time, I'm having more and more difficulty finding parts for my '93. The difficulty actually started about 4 yrs ago. It was as if once it hit the 25 yr mark, everything disappeared. If it wasn't for places like rockauto, I'd be screwed.

I know they can't keep parts around forever, but still. Cars actually last longer now, but what's the point if parts can't be had?

I should've been more clear. I was referring to body parts, trim parts, interior parts, etc. Those get discontinued and when they are gone, they are gone. I didn't realize the problem was becoming so common with wear/replacement mechanical parts, too.

My last challenge was OEM style gaskets. The metal core gaskets used on these magnum engines. All that’s available locally is cork.

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥