I'm pretty sure it's all by design. Gotta tread lightly since this isn't the right forum but it almost does seem like there is some clandestine plan to limit our ability to travel.

They're threatening the banning of gasoline vehicles. How many vehicles is that going to render useless and/our valueless?

Is there a fully-electric car out there that has even half the range of a gasoline vehicle?

Short-charge times are still minimum 4 hours and they claim that "damages" the batteries.

Insurance for young people is insane.

Some parts are already not available for Older-than 2000 model vehicles. There's already stuff for my 2004 Tiburon that I literally cannot get anymore. It's junkyard part, or go without.

Cars are designed to fail. When they fail, now there's no parts to repair. We spend a fortune to buy these things only to watch them become useless hunks of nothing.

I almost wonder if it's going to get to the point where people will take a 2019 vehicle, and swap in an old 350 with points and a carb because there were no more parts to keep the 2019-vintage stuff working!

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....