Originally Posted by Mastershake340
Originally Posted by 440Jim
The 6-speed is optional.
Recall with 6-speed ... 2019-up 6-speed recall

Geez you're right, I didn't even notice the 6 speed automatic was a no cost option when I was "building my ram" on their site. Why would anyone want the 6 speed over the 8 speed? I've seen a number of videos with guys critiquing the 2019 diesel Rams and they all seemed to complain that only a 6 speed was available, however playing around on the Build your Ram site, I see the 6 speed is standard and it shows the 8 speed as a no cost option when speccing out a diesel.

The 6 speed is a very good trans, much cheaper to replace later if needed and here is the real kicker for me, the 6 speed shifts too many times already and the 8 speed shifts even more and for what gain? I have driven some and man that thing just can't make up it's mind! We do all this work to build an engine with a broader power band then stick a trans in that is trying to keep it in a much narrower power band... It ain't knocking a second off your 1/4 mile time, it ain't giving you 2 mpg, I doubt you even get 1 mpg more.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!